Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hand quilting an UFO and swap blocks

I made these Baltimore blocks a few years back. Frankly, I can't remember when :) It has been around for so long that some of my applique stitches are coming loose. That's not good. So I decided it was about time I did something about that. I have been hand quilting this wall hanging for the past week or so, in a reasonable tight grid pattern. I think I have a good progress on this one. This far anyway. I will be mending the broken stitches when the quilting is done.















I just love to hand quilt and am getting better at it as times go by and I get more practice. But then again the batting plays an important role as well. Here I'm using Hobbs Thermore Polyester. Maybe not every one's choice but that is what I had at home that day :)








I put a ruler close to the stitches so you could get a better idea about the size of the stitches. I think I'm doing quite well here :)










I am also a member of a Jo Morton Yahoo group and we have a swap going right now (closed for now). Since I do not have too many spare hour during the day not doing anything, I settled for just two sets of 20 3 1/2 inch blocks. We will have a Churn dash swap later. I am new to Jo Morton's pattern and fabric lines at Andover but so far I'm quite pleased with what I have seen and what I now have lying in my stash :)

7 comments:

  1. Dette ser utrolig flott ut, jeg er imponert over de som har tålmodighet til håndquilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nydeleg arbeid. Kan du seie noko om den kvilteramma du bruker?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Et imponerende arbeid å håndquilte!!! Nydelig blir det! Hilsen Gunn Torild

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imponerende håndquilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Du er kjempedyktig Wenche, det er så nydelig arbeid. Gleder meg til kurset du skal ha på årsmøte.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Det blir kjempelekkert! Din håndsøm og quilting er bare utrolig flott! Du er virkelig dyktig.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny Landrum2:24 pm

    I love your Baltimore album quilt. I especially like the red heart block on the top row in the middle. Did you design it?

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails