Sunday, February 24, 2008

Will you join me?

I have some fabric by 3 Sisters for Moda ( Wuthering Heights and Chocolat) that I bought and didn't have a plan for. They are just filling up space in my drawers. So this is what I'm going to do: Pick blocks from EQ6 that I have never made before. They will be hand pieced and will finish at 6 inch square. I don't know how many blocks I will get or how I will put them all together in the end, but I could call this a sampler:)
If you want to join me you will find the pattern at "Wenche's Pieces of Time" 2. Look for "sampler Blocks". This was the only way that I could figure out how to offer you these paterns as pdf files. I'm not sure how often I will post a block but plan to do one every two weeks. I think this will be interesting.
I actually started last year when I got some fabric samplers from Kathy Smith in Baltimore. I made three of these with a blue star...................
.........and I had enough fabric to make six of these with a yellow star. I have never used this pattern before and I think they are great. The question is what do I do with them? I have no idea so far but hopefully it will come to me one of these days:)
I will provide you with the patterns to these two blocks as a starter. Off we go.........


3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love Moda and we had Chocolat in our quilt shop here in SC. The two blocks are pretty--sawtooth star is my favorite. I also love your Baltimore Album quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Wuthering Heights...it's one of my favorite fabric lines from the past few years...I just used up what remained of it in my stash recently...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bundle of fat eighths of Chocolat that I succumbed to when it came out. It's yummy. Also have some large squares of anothe similar Moda line.... think it's Vienna Nights. They are gorgeous these lines.
    Your blocks are pretty.
    Ellyx

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails