Saturday, March 08, 2008

3" 9 patch swap blocks

The first thing I did was adding 3 1/2 inch plain squares and then I put them into diagonal rows. I didn't need much time to see that this was a good setting.

This is how it looked like before the next step.

I cut off all the excess triangles and got quite a few bias edges. I did not press at this stage because I thought that would make everything more difficult.

So, I added a smaller inner border in a contrasting colour before I put on the wider outer border in blue. I think it looks great :) But I still had five swap blocks left!

The only right thing to do was to make another three blocks before I added the same plain squares and inner and outhe border. Voilà..........I had a small quilt as well :)






8 comments:

  1. irmis7:25 pm

    hei ... Nydelig ble dette teppet.klem irmelin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wenche, I love them both! Nine patch quilts are my favorites and I love the fabric you chose for the alternate squares and the borders. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful looking quilts! Thanks for sharing them!
    Pauline in southern California

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful looking quilts! Thanks for sharing them!
    Pauline in southern California

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts are wonderful...I love setting the nine patches on point...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right, the diagonal set was perfect for these precious blocks. Amazing how the simple 9-patch can be so beautiful used in a more dramatic setting. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Så flott teppe du holder på med :-)

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails