Thursday, January 15, 2009

A good start for the new year

I had hoped for a better stat of 2009 regarding my professional life and have been loking for a new job for some time now but no luck just yet. I have sent quite a few aplications but very,very few employers bother to tell me that the position is taken by someone else, usually a younger person. So while I wait for the big hit I am finishing off some of my projects at home.
I bought this panel in August because I liked it. I had no idea how to use it but had a hard time to cut it up in smaller pieces. So I kept it as is ................. ............and added some blocks instead. I think it turned out quite wellSo all I have to do now is to buy the batting and quilt it. I must have some suitable fabric for the back somewhere in my stash :)
These two small quilts was the result of a 9patch swap on Jo Morton's Yahoo group . I did the quilting late 2008 but never put the binding on. Now they finally have their binding on and can be described as FINISHED. It makes me feel god :)
This is a free pattern I got from Willow Bend Creations and I planned to make a small wall hanging. That never happened. So after quite a few months in my UFO bin, it became a pillow.

..............and so did this. For exactly the same reason.
Then I found this. A cross stich UFO. It has been waiting to get finished since 1986 when my son #3 was born. Somehow it didn't get done. My daughter was born in 1990 and I finished hers the same year.
But after a week of intense stitching it is finally done.

So here they are al four of them. Three boys and one girl. I had thre of them mounted into a frame with glass but stil they got yellow. So I put the all in the washing machine and decided to put them away. I don't have enough wal space where I live now to hang them on the wall. One of these days they will be given to each child for them to take care it........if they want to. I hope they do.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you've gotten a lot done. My favorite is the christmas pin-up girl panel with the great block border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. den første ble jo flott med små blokker rundt kanten da!. Og wow så store unger du har født!

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails