Wednesday, August 05, 2009

My opinion on Elly S.'s dvd

I have been doing appliqué by hand for at least ten years now and never taken any classes. Very early on the books about Baltimore Album quilts caught my eye, especially the books by Elly Sienkiewicz. Despite the fact that I'm no longer a beginner, the dvd had a few points that I hadn't figured out from her books.
Remember this dvd is mostly for the beginner, but I think there's a tip here and there that might learn you a new trick or two. There are some patterns on the dvd as well, from size 8" to 20". Now I don't have to use the copier for those patterns :)
If you are looking for more advanced appliqué techniques I think you should go for her second dvd that will be out in October this year. I'm ordering that dvd as well to fill my appliqué librery.
Well worth the $$ spent.

5 comments:

  1. I will be taking a class from Elly in March 2010 at Empty Spools in Asilimar. Good to know her DVD is good - the real thing should be good then too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the good advice. I am intermediate in applique but always feel there is a techinque I can learn or perfect on.
    YOur applique is astounding. I love to visit your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered it as well and hope to learn a tip or two
    , like you I am really looking forward to the second one
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on my Baltimore Album quilt again. I just posted a picture of the block I finished yesterday. I have not seen an ad for Elly's dvd. I shall look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your opinion on this dvd, which I value a LOT. Looks like it will soon take a place in my library.

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails