Saturday, September 26, 2009

A mystery project for my quilting guild

I was asked back in April if I had some ideas for fun things to do at our guild meetings at Drammen og omegn quiltelag. Well........I sort of had some idea.

The first thing I thought of was to use this hart from "A Heart or Two" and teach the back basting appliqué technique.

Then we did this heart from that same pattern (you can find it to the right). This time reverse appliqué was the main thing to learn something about.


What next? Why not some embroidery stitching? Doing stitchery and redwork is something many people do but they don't know that many stitches. So I thought this was a good idea.

Of cours the knowledge about all those stitches had to be put into good use and I therefore thought that a crazy hart would be the right thing to do. The guild members that wanted to join in on this, now have four blocks with a hart theme. I need to figure out the last to blocks and the finishing instructions before November. They are a mystery to me as well :) Lets hope I can come up with a good solution :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:23 pm

    Hjertene var nydelige! Spennende å se hva du lager av det hele! Hilsen Otlo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the scrappy heart so much. It reminds me of the vintage crazy quilts.

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails