Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy New Year!

I know I'm late wishing you a happy new year but I haven't been sleeping like these two. Cute aren't they?
It's been snowing a lot since December and it's snowing tonight as well. This is the gate into the front yard where I live. When I see it like this I see how beautiful it actually can be. I don't like to shuffel snow though.......
I just had to buy this tea cup and pot as a gift to myself this Christmas. It's a perfect gift for a quilter don't you think? :)I was asked to do a hand piecing class this spring and this is my class model. The border is still missing when I took this picture.

Dutchess just had to try it out. Usually she and Prince wait until my tops are quilted but not this time.
What have you done with my free patterns? I made my heart blocks into a small wall ahnging. It turned out quite christmassy as well. It was the fabric I used in the bottom right corner heart that set the colours. If you look closely I still miss a few details on the garden gate block and the binding. By the way, the wall hanging isn't as wavy as the picture indicate. See you again soon :)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! Glad to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! So nice to see you back. Your block sample is beautiful, and I love the tea pot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Porten ser idyllisk ut med lykten og snøen. Flott tekanne som passer perfekt til en quilter. Hjertequilten blir flott.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too Wenche. Have enjoyed visiting your blog

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails