Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's finished!

Here it is: Vintage Valentine quilted. I quite like it. It shrunk a little bit more than I thought but it doesn't matter.
Here's a closeup on the quilting from the front..........
...........and from the back. Now it's done and ready for use.

The other day I went in to a thrift store and found this old shirt. I intended to cut it up and use the fabric for blocks, but I haven't done that yet. It's a bit stained but I don't mind. This is the front...........
.......and this is the back. It is nothing like the modern shirts when it comes to using buttons :) Look at the stiff cuffs! They feel like good quality paper and not fabric.
Inside the stiff collar I saw these words. The collar had several buttonholes where the top collar where supossed to be attatched.
Look how stiff the chest part of the shirt is! I do believe that this ironing and pressing were done by professionals. The style of this shirt and how it has been treated makes me wonder how old it really is. I payed $4.50 for it :) I'm still not sure if I'm going to cut it apart and then use it in quilt blocks. What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. Den ble praktfull! Gratulerer med et nydelig arbeid ferdig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dette var nydelig! Helt profft! Jeg blir så imponert over sånne praktstykker! Grattis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I have had my eye on that pattern for a very long time. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful and it makes me want to get back to mine. As for the shirt I would say do not use it for blocks. Why put time into something that might not last!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Din Vintage Valentine er utrolig flott! Et mesterverk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks to be a very fancy shirt for a tuxedo. i think you should wear it, not cut it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your VV turned out so nice! Makes me want to get moving on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Det ble kjempeflott! Gratulerer med aa faa det ferdig! Mange arbeidstimer du har lagt ned der. :)
    Skjorta har jeg ingen aning om...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is beautiful!!! As for the shirt, I would not cut it up if it is vintage. Is there a way to find out how old it is?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh - your quilt is beautiful. Interesting short...be a lot more interesting to see how you use it... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gratulerer, Wenche. Teppet ble alldeles nydelig. Lekkert quiltet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:53 pm

    VERY nice!! I just found your blog and have enjoyed reliving the Applique Academy. I wouldn't cut up the shirt.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails