Wednesday, June 30, 2010

When I try to be efficient.........

This is how it goes.........
I keep my Dear Jane blocks in this plastic container. As you can see on it's label, it's been around for quite a while:) As you can see it is long overdue that I finish this quilt. So I made these blocks yesterday:
C-7 Megan's Mountain Laurel

A-12 Framed Fancy

And finally C-12 Family Reunion. I thought I did good and wanted to count the numbers. Then I discovered this:
I allready had a C-12 block all done! Now I have two of them. Not sure which one to keep though...... I could change it into J-7 Chicken Tracs, but the thing is that I have that one made too......Oh well. Less speed next time :)

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!!

    THREE DJ blocks with many, many pieces!!!!

    Good for you, my friend!!!

    *grin*

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! They look great. I also made duplicates of a couple of blocks, picked the one I liked the best and threw out the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely!

    You could use the extra block as part of the back of the quilt, and sign it with your name, date and location.

    Or, it could become a pillow to coordinate with the quilt.

    I look forward to the finished quilt!

    ~ Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blocks. I'm sure you'll find a use for the duplicate block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wenche, the same thing happened to me with one of my DJ blocks! I am going to use it on the back with my label. My philosphy is ..if you make it twice you must have really liked it! I made 60 blocks and 4 triangles. I want to try and design some sort of top out of these pieces. I will make more blocks/triangles if I need to. I have been trying to decide on a color for my sashing. I am thinking a shade of blue. I have used all Jo Morton fabrics for mine, except for the background I used a lightly mottled cream fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wenche! I've made two of the same DJ blocks before, too! I just ended up making one into a needle-holder case! They also make nice coasters, too!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails