Sunday, April 03, 2011

UFO's

When I was at the Appliqué Academy in February 2010, I took a hand quilting class with Sharon Schambler. I have finally finished the class sampler. But I'm not pleased with the way I did the binding so am going to undo that one............I think. It is a lot of quilting going on here and it did take some time to do it. But when you have to spend 1 1/2 hours four days a week on the train to and from work, you just don't notice the time spent. Then the train ride didn't get boring either :)

This is me playing with 6 inch charmes. Yes, those were the days before every charm became 5 inches. I did this because I wanted to try out this way of using all my odd pieces of fabric. A nice spring quilt.

But I went a bit crazy with the machine quilting. On this quilt I used 4 spools of Robison-Anton  50WT 100% cotton thread. Only two needles! I made a shell pattern in the blocks and a loop pattern in the sashing.

This is how it looks like on the back. With this quilt I really learned how to do machine quilting my way. The speed, needle, and the thread. I no master yet but I'm getting better. I used my domestic machine: Janome MC 6600. It's more than good enough for a task like this. Even though the thread didn't give much lint, there were enough of it in the machine. So I made sure to clean it whenever I had a break. Now I need to figure out what to do with this quilt. Due to all the quilting, it's not exactly nice and soft.........

3 comments:

  1. Nydelige arbeider, og gratulerer med "ny" blogg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt, Wenche, and I love your 6" charm squares... it does look like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lekker håndquilting i det hvite. Har beundret den i UFO-mappen på quiltskandinavia. Skulle gjerne ha tatt denne i bedre øyensyn. Charmquilten er også utrolig flott quiltet. Nydelige arbeider begge to.

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails