Sunday, August 14, 2011

Getting back to sewing

I got the fabric that correspond with my French General Luminere de Noel layer cake. It will be for the borders. I have spent quite a few hours on the net figuring out how to get the best use out my fabric. I ended up with Moda Bakeshop where I was inspirered by this pattern .

So I started cutting. I did the cutting for the blocks in the pattern but I still have 13 layer cake pieces left. Since I have a specific fabric for the borders I'm not going to use those 13 pieces for the borders or binding. I will probably end up making a few more blocks to enlarge the quilt a bit.

But I have to admit that I don't think it's very fun or inspireing to stitch 256 - 2 1/2 inch pieces together. It doesn't help to know what I will have in the end. Oh well............ I guess I just have to do it if I want that quilt :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:46 pm

    You want that quilt....so sew on...

    It is not fun or inspiring to clean the kitchen 256 times each month...but it is done...

    and with the quilt you will have a beautiful piece that show cases the lovely fabrics.... I think French General is the cat's meow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the French General line of fabric. Can't wait to see how yours turns out :-)

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails