I got the fabric that correspond with my French General Luminere de Noel layer cake. It will be for the borders. I have spent quite a few hours on the net figuring out how to get the best use out my fabric. I ended up with Moda Bakeshop where I was inspirered by this pattern .
So I started cutting. I did the cutting for the blocks in the pattern but I still have 13 layer cake pieces left. Since I have a specific fabric for the borders I'm not going to use those 13 pieces for the borders or binding. I will probably end up making a few more blocks to enlarge the quilt a bit.
But I have to admit that I don't think it's very fun or inspireing to stitch 256 - 2 1/2 inch pieces together. It doesn't help to know what I will have in the end. Oh well............ I guess I just have to do it if I want that quilt :)